Rio is a hotel with a Brazilian theme. It is located a little bit west of the Las Vegas Strip. The hotel opened in 1990 and has over 2500 suites. Rio was the first hotel in Las Vegas with only suites, that is, more than just a bedroom in every hotel room.
There are three good reasons to go to Rio. Rio has the Show in the Sky , World Series of Poker and the Carnival World Buffet. Show in the Sky is one of the most popular Las Vegas free shows, where dancers entertain with clothes from Victoria’s Secret.
World Series of Poker
During the summer the World Series of Poker is played on Rio. The tournament series runs about 50 days. At the end, the Main Event with an entry fee of $10,000, is played and it is the official world championships in poker. Rios buffet, Carnival World Buffet, is also worth a visit. The buffet has more than 300 dishes from many different places in the world. Keep in mind that the line may be long at the most popular hours.
We recommend booking Rio on Hotels.com.
- Weekday rates: From $70 per night.
- Weekend rates: From $120 per night.
- Internet: Yes. Not included in rate.
- Pool area: Yes, five pools. Called Ipanema Beach.
- Jacuzzi: Yes, five hot pools.
- Casino: Yes, 11000 m².
- Resort fee: No.
- Age limit for booking: 21.
- Check in: 4 pm.
- Check out: 11 am.
- Shower: The magic show with Penn and Teller. Stripping guys in Chippendales.
- Nightclubs: Crown Nightclub and Voodoo Lounge.
- Main attractions: The free Show in the Sky. World Series of Poker during the summer.
- Spa: Rio Spa.
- Wedding Chapel: No.
- Room amenities: Air condition, blackout curtains, TV, gaming console, hair dryer, alarm clock with radio, desk, refrigerator, minibar, safe, iron, telephone and more.
- Hotel amenities: 24h reception, 24h room service, ATM, fitness center, free parking, taxi, dry cleaning, business center.
- Popular restaurants: Carnival World Buffet, The Village Seafood Buffet, Búzios, Gaylord, Hamada Asiana, Mah Jong, Wetzel’s Pretzels and All-American Bar & Grille.
- Shopping: Not very impressive shopping. You can find Viva Vegas, Kid Vegas, Rolands´s Boutique, Paradise Island Wear, The Masquerad Store, Chippendales and Harley-Davidson.